Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Light is the Symbol of Truth

The National Junior Honor Society Pledge

I pledge to myself to uphold the high purposes of the National Junior Honor Society to which I have been selected: I will be true to the principles for which it stands; I will be loyal to my school; and I will maintain and encourage high standards of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.


My little girl is growing up. Today she was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society at her school. We found out just two days ago. Selection is based on five criteria: citizenship, service, leadership, scholarship and character. Members must maintain a high grade point average of at least 3.75 and become good citizens (by participating in service projects). The NJHS requires some sort of school service to the community, school, or other organizations. We are very proud parents.



Lining up as the names were being called


Reciting the Honor Society Pledge

The new inductees

Best Blogger Tips