Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Charlie on the Brain

As you can see not a lot going on lately. Well, actually there is, but there isn't. Saturday the girls and I went to a Chinese acrobat show on the base. It was good but no cameras were allowed so I got no pics.

Monday we celebrated Memorial Day at home and then had dinner at Chili's. I had a great post about Charlie and his military career but I remembered that he is getting his TS (Top Secret) renewed and felt that it may be inappropriate to post it. Sorry about that. I'd really like to share about all of Charlie's accomplishments, where he's been and what he's done but we'll have to do that some other time, not over the web.

For the past four days I have read Twilight, New Moon and started on Eclipse. (I know I'm so behind the times). I can't believe I've read so much though. It's totally unlike me. Books are not my thing usually. It's given me a way to past the time before Charlie returns from the states (which he will in two days!).

So Charlie finished up his class at Keesler. It was all about computers and Internet stuff. He can take the Cisco test now, whoohoo! He took a trip home to NC for a week. Let's just say he ate enough for all of us, lucky dog. He also took a little trip to Ft. Bragg/Pope for a job prospect. Let's just say he knows the guy who will be doing the paperwork and interviews!!!! He's actually here in Okinawa????!!!!! So he went all the way around the world to find out he's practically in our back yard. So this will go well, I believe. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's what we've wanted and prayed about. We all sat down as a family and talked about everything, schools, the base, the house, the area, shopping, resturants (yes, this is a big deal when you've lived without for 12 years), their future, everything. You name it, the kids asked, which is great. We want their input on this as much as possible. Besides, this will probably/hopefully be the last move we make! We also won't have to wait until Feb. to find out where we will be moving. If Charlie gets the job we will find out by Dec. (but still not move until June 2010).

I don't want to get my hopes up BUT I want to be prepared. We've already started looking at houses and schools in the area. We know what we are looking for. The hardest part will be waiting until we get the final word on the job. So once Charlie gets back the paperwork will start. And if everything goes well he will take another trip back to NC for the final interview (lucky dog again!).

Also Charlie will have his third knee surgery in June/July. We pray that everything goes well. Heard a little birdy say they do that surgery in Hawaii . Six weeks in Hawaii for the whole family all expenses paid for by the military. Fingers crossed again (but I'm really doubting this one). We'll keep you updated. Best Blogger Tips