Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nothing

Really Nothing...nothing exciting here. The past week has been school/work...home...eat...bed.

Let's see...exciting news...my car was in the shop for two weeks. Of course they found tons of stuff wrong with it but we went there to only get new rear tires and new front brakes. A three day Japanese holiday fell in there somewhere and they couldn't get parts for four days. That's why it took so long.

And there are two more typhoons on their way. We've had a lot of activity on this side of the world with the typhoon that hit Manila, the earthquake in Indonesia and the tsunami hitting Samoa. We got a lot of wind for days from the typhoon. And thinking about the tsunami, if it had hit us, we would have been affected because it went a mile inland. We are just two blocks from the shore. We do have concrete barriers and seawalls, maybe that would help.

So today I will be gathering my supplies (water and food, everything else is in our disaster kit already) to be prepared for lots of wind and rain from Sun-Wed. Here is the forecast from yesterday. You see our little island in the top/left. It's coming straight for us.

And here's today's forecast:

As you can see it has strengthened from a Cat. 3 to a Cat. 5. But the good news is that it's expected to turn. We are still 5 days out and anything can happen. (You see how much of a weather geek I am. I should have been a meteorologist.) The kids will be really happy to get out of school for this. And Charlie will be out of work too!!

We said our see-ya-laters to a great friend of ours this week. He's moving back to the states. We'll miss him. Part of me is happy because out of our friends we are next to go (!!!!!!). Charlie asked me what I thought about Frankfurt/Main today. Well....it's in Germany...but it's not as close to Ramstein as I had wanted to be...and we'd be farther away from what the big bases have to offer...but I love small bases too. The rumor is that there's a special duty assignment opening up there. We are still waiting for Nov. 5 when "the list" comes out for us to see what bases we can choose from.

Jasmine is in Club Zero (Zoological Evironmental Recycle Orginazation) at her school. She signed up for it all by herself without being proded! I can see already this is going to keep her and me real busy. This week she'll be washing cars (my daughter...washing cars?...yeah right...I need to take pictures and mark this day down). Next week she is going to the local zoo and help out in whatever they need (I like this one). And for the rest of this month she will be planing their school's haunted house. All of this and she's making straight A's!!

Kiera is joining her school's taiko drumming club (maybe this will lead into her playing the drums one day. Someone has to be in the band in our family.) I read through the club's profile and it says they'll be learning all the steps to Japanese taiko drumming and have a performance at the end of the year. (Er...we'll be moving before then. Oh well, she'll have fun learning something new anyway).

See, I told you not a lot going on here.

Best Blogger Tips