Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Can we move to Kinser?

We are lucky to have 10 bases to chose from with the activities they offer. Some are better than others. Kadena and Foster have a good bx and commissary. Schuab has a great beach and cabins. Okuma has great water sports. White Beach is quiet.

After a "quick" trip to Kadena's pool the other day, I told the girls we'd have to find another pool. We actually walked in, saw the hoards of people, and walked out. The girls were disappointed but what was I to do? There were no seats, standing room only, and no place to swim. It was extremely loud. And I was afraid the kids would just get bounced around, knocked around and possibly hurt.

I overheard a conversation about where is the best pool on Okinawa. Kinser. Wow, that's a drive. It's close to the capital city of Naha. So you can only imagine how bad the traffic is to get there. But if it's great, it's worth the drive.

We made it in good time - 40 mins. It's only 10 miles from our house. Yeah, traffic sucks here. But I fell in love with the base. It's QUIET, not crowded and has everything you need. Check out the pool. We were there for four hours and about 10 other people shared this huge pool with us. We're coming back! I just might do my grocery shopping here too (on this base). We ran through to get some drinks and there was only one other family in the whole store. Two girls in Burger King at 5 pm. Where is everyone? I am so NOT going to let this secret out!!!


Best Blogger Tips