Monday, July 13, 2009

Gorilla Chop He-ya

This weekend we took a day trip to Gorilla Chop. It's a dive site in northern Okinawa in Motobu. Can you see from the rock how it got it's name? Look closely. Do you see the gorilla doing a karate chop? The beach was beautiful and once again we were the only ones inhabiting the land.

Snorkeling here was fabulous. I had never seen so much beautiful and colorful coral. At first it made me claustrophobic swimming over it. It looked so close to me that I though I was going to scrape it swimming by. But no stopping here for a break.

Seeing all the tropical fish was awesome. It really is a different world down here.

Charlie dove down to get a better view of an angelfish

while I found this coral fish.


I also found this little snowflake eel. It was only about a foot long. I like the pattern. It's one of the best I've seen.

The evening came and we enjoyed a beautiful sunset on the water.

It doesn't get much better than this. Best Blogger Tips