Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Charlie learned a very important lesson today.

He was watching a show on different cultures. I was making his delicious lunch. On the program, they were talking about how the Saudis' treated their dogs with the best care, the best food, the best attention. I mentioned to Charlie that they treat their dogs better than their wives.

Then he made this comment, "You treat Sandy better than me."

"Oh really?"

That's where he went wrong. Didn't he realize he couldn't get around and was depending on me to wait on him hand and foot? I was making his lunch after all.

So I took his crutches out of reach and held his lunch just out of reach. I asked him to repeat what he said. He started to laugh and was trying his best to say, "sorry" but no sound would come out. This went on for a while.

I told him he could have his lunch and crutches once I heard him say the word with sound. Finally, after about two minutes he said the magic word, sorry. I don't think he'll make that comment again to me especially since I've been there for him every minute during his recovery. Lesson learned. Best Blogger Tips