Sunday, July 26, 2009

Can I get some cheese with that whine?

So it's been four days since Charlie's surgery. We've been sleeping on the couch every night since then. (Thank goodness for full reclining couches) But I think I'm done with sleeping down there. My back hurts, I don't get a full night's rest, the sun starts shining though the kitchen window at 6 am, whine, whine, whine.

I did it in the beginning to be there for Charlie if he needed the help. He doesn't need it. Lately my reason turned into support. Maybe I can support him to make his way up the stairs tonight and sleep in a real bed.

He gets the bandages off today along with a dose of physical therapy. The pain finally hit him yesterday so we're trying to stay ahead of it with the meds. I have to remind myself it's only been four days and he has 38 long days ahead of him before he can even think about putting weight on his knee. This is where my patience and understanding come into play. ~sigh~ Best Blogger Tips